WebEngine's 6th Anniversary

On December 19th, 2018 we will be celebrating 6 years of WebEngine CMS!
The event is here!

Built-in forums

Lautaro

Administrator
Developer
I don't see the point of doing such thing when there are available very good forum options like XenForo, vBulletin, phpBB, myBB etc..

Maybe you can just change your forum theme to match your Mu website :p

Integrating this http://iko.im/ into WebEngine would definitely be a welcome feature. Right now, people are required to make two accounts, one for the server and one for forums. Making it so that you need only one account would reduce the hassle by a lot.

Netzo

Premium Member
Integrating this http://iko.im/ into WebEngine would definitely be a welcome feature. Right now, people are required to make two accounts, one for the server and one for forums. Making it so that you need only one account would reduce the hassle by a lot.
It would definitely increase use of forums and people who would like to become customers of WebEngine :) maybe there could be a separate package to have WebEngine with forum with a higher price for the license?

I know it would require a lot of patience and time for Lautaro, but come on, he is a guy who likes challenges :)

Last edited:

Lautaro

Administrator
Developer
A better thing to do -instead of including a forum with the website- would be to make the website register both in-game and forum accounts.

I might actually implement the first forum API to the website registration in the 1.0.8 update, which would be for xenforo.

KREATOR

Premium Member
I would suggest this: account name AND account nickname at registration which should not be the same as the account name because if the same account is used for forum and game, it could be a security issue since many players don't take as much caution for their passwords as others. That way people don't know what the account name for each user from their forum
Account.

I would suggest this: account name AND account nickname at registration which should not be the same as the account name because if the same account is used for forum and game, it could be a security issue since many players don't take as much caution for their passwords as others. That way people don't know what the account name for each user from their forum
Account.
Enforcing a more robust password combination would solve this issue. Or implementing a two-way factor login system.

tezca

Premium Member
A better thing to do -instead of including a forum with the website- would be to make the website register both in-game and forum accounts.

I might actually implement the first forum API to the website registration in the 1.0.8 update, which would be for xenforo.
It would be so good to do this with vBulletin too!