Nov 8, 2018
WebEngine june giveaway poster.png

EVENT DEADLINE
SATURDAY JUNE 15, 2019

PRIZE
Momentum Premium Template
2 Premium Plugins of Choice

HOW TO PARTICIPATE

To participate in this giveaway simply reply to this thread answering the following questions.

Code:
1. When did you play MuOnline for the first time?
2. When did you open your first MuOnline private server?
3. When did you start using WebEngine CMS?
4. How's your experience using WebEngine CMS?
5. What is your current MuOnline server website? (optional)

(longer and more detailed answers will give you extra points in this giveaway)

------------------------------

[SPANISH / ESPAÑOL]

FECHA LIMITE DEL EVENTO
SABADO 15 DE JUNIO, 2019

PREMIO
Template Premium Momentum
2 Plugins Premium de tu eleccion

COMO PARTICIPAR

Para participar simplemente responde a esta publicacion, contestando la siguiente encuesta.

Code:
1. Cuando comenzaste a jugar MuOnline por primera vez?
2. Cuando inauguraste tu primer servidor privado de MuOnline?
3. Cuando comenzaste a usar WebEngine CMS?
4. Hasta el momento, como ha sido tu experiencia utilizando WebEngine CMS?
5. Cual es la pagina web de tu servidor actual de MuOnline? (opcional)

(las respuestas extensas y mas detalladas te daran puntos extras a favor para ganar)

baitzashul

Premium Member
Apr 26, 2019
1. 2008
2. 2011
3. 2019
4. Clean Code and fast response.
5. its in testing mode, i don`t want to scary anyone!!

yhoon

Dec 17, 2018
Por los años 2004, fue un 99c medium, x200 de experiencia, drop 40%, llamado MardelMu, uno de los pocos servidores que había en ese entonces.

Mi primer servidor lo inaugure a fines de 2007, en mi propia pc (cuando con 1mb de internet podías hostear tu propio servidor sin problemas), fue un 99b fast, me duro 3 años, el servidor mantenía entre 240 a 300 conectados diariamente. En ese entonces aun se usaba mureg beta 5 xd

Hace un poco mas de un año, la vi posteada en otro foro, pero era una modificación de la 1.0.9, me gusto mucho y la empece a trabajar, en ese tiempo no le daban "atencion" a la cms, y me alegra saber que ahora le dan atención, crean nuevos plugins, nuevas cosas, etc.

Buena, y me gusta trabajarla cada vez que puedo. Amigos también la usan porque se las termino instalando. Y he visto muchos servidores con dicha CMS, me alegra que por fin esta tomando fuerzas y compitiendo con las CMS que se utiliza diariamente.

http://mu.the-lost.net/s6custom/

Y actualmente estoy preparando un servidor slow con otro diseño mas moderno.

Reactions: Mon

zodiacddos

Premium Member
Nov 2, 2017
Greetings!

1. Year 2006 sunshinemu season 4
2. Year 2016 My Pacific Lemuria Private Server (PH Server)
3. Year 2016 as well, on my 1st private server
4. My experience is 10/10 you can do whatever you want and how you want it to be, plus no vulnerability issues ever heard.
5. grudgemu.com/season6

LynxGames

May 2, 2019
1. 2005
2. 2019
3. 2019
4. Muchas veces tuve problemas pero pude hacerlo funcionar y ahora estoy realizando un fork para expandirlo
5. www.lynxmu.tk

template creado por nosotros!

Fineas.

May 28, 2019
- It all started in 2007 when I was a lil kid and my neighbour visited me to play some games/music and suddently he reminds why is he visiting. He wanted to show me a cool game called ZhyperMu that id surely like .

So I learned that day how to create my first characted which was Fineas (lack of thinking), how to equip myself and go lvlup.
I remeber back then was so called Season 3 running on server and got really excited with the game and started to gain some good items within 3 days of playing. Then my neighbour saw my progress and he offers himself to get rid of my ”junky items” as they ”occupied space” and they were ”worthless”.
Didnt had any idea of the market and the value of items, I trusted his words of wisdom and gave the items.

3 days of ZhyperMu has passed since I, alongside my brother started to inspect around mu tops and be selective.
So back then was this server called MuZone that ranked #2 after Zhyper. Man, there I learned to play this game and got stuck there for 3 years. After that, I dropped this server for ElgrekoMu, a romanian-based community and being active until the fall of 2010 when that server closed its doors. Got bored, lazy to seek for a server of my taste and installed zhyper after almost 4 years of inactivity there.

- 2013 as I remember with 2 friends.

-2014/2015, forced to switch our web files after we've been hacked.

4. How's your experience using
WebEngine CMS?
-Very good, High security & professional cms, now opensource which is the best thing for mu community.

Reactions: Mon

Deidad

May 6, 2019

Excelente

muthrones.net

Murphiks

Premium Member
Aug 11, 2017
1. 1999-2000 start play old scool 0.97 (hard server , low drop), 2008-2009 play long time on Season 5
2. First MuOnline server open 2013, Season 6 Ep 3 (IGCN), tested season 6 (LTP) and Season 6 (from Positive)
3. WebEngine start use then check and start Season 14 , all CMS not works good and more issues, try use MuOnlineWebs its interesting CMS more modules fast, secured, but already not respond admin and have webcod encrypted (its very big problem) i try to decrypt it and look at code its simple and clear can be modify but another problem to encrypt need IonCube 10 (need to pay license), no fix for s14 and maybe already died. I works long time with ExEngine 2 - good simple fast and stable if i had more time maybe i would remake it for season 14. I try and test Webengine use it for season 12 i like fast simple not like very litle plugin and not use multidatabase, I think if added more usefull plugin and multidatabase its godd and stable CMS more people can use it and personal for me need to adapt for this source code.
4. my experience for use CMS its like 3-4 mounth
5. today I have active 2 muonline server active S14 and S6, not have very more people big problem are money and some time not have enought time, for add in top banners and adverstisment. I works a lot but single - its problem too

Server muonline its my hoby :)

Start server its not dificult, dificult to add and save people on server and make all works stable. today are like 5-6 type of server files stable (stable - no crash) but all have issues, i not see server files with no issues its 100% all have some issues and can bi fixed - all its for season 6.

P.S. if you wont to start server
1) need to know very good config files or have some person for make it (in game progress all time apear question).
2) need to know webcoding becouse some time need to fix some issues fast and if not dificult need to made it alone.
3) need to know additionals tools like photoshop , pentium tools its necesary for banners and client modify.
if you know all its you can start alone server but ...... its dificult for 1 person!

so I advise - plan and open the server at least in a team of 2-3 people!

Have I nice day for all.

0xqxd.png

DaniHv

Jun 5, 2017
My first experience with MuOnline was between 2009 and 2010 in a very popular Mu Online Server Season 2 in my city in my language. But i need to say that it was a very hard experience hahaha, that mu server had a x1 exp with a lot of mobs and i was very noob to get my first reset without any help

In 2011-2012 as a fun server for friends, using a TitanTech Season 6 version with a LOT of custom sets/wings/weapons.

In 2017, after using a lot of mu cms (mucore, mvcore, etc), and it became my fav cms due to its constant development and because it is open source, with very nice structure and easy to develop new functions.

My experience using webengine is very different from others cms, the goal of webengine isn't to offer a lot of functions and modules, its goal is to offer a easy, stable and useful cms to use, and that was what i was looking for.
In the aspect of design, i found in webengine THE BEST template system, easy to adapt and modify, i love the native use of bootstrap in all modules.

Actually i don't host any server.

Last edited:

Thebestmu

Nov 9, 2018

Excelente

www.thebestmu.com.br

jm11

May 7, 2017
Philippines
2002 (GMO) then when MU Philippines (by Mobius) opened, we moved there.

Can't remember the exact date, but that's when WebEngine CMS was released for free to the public

Excellent and almost perfect!

[What's lacking]
Why almost perfect, it's because there's no Webshop which is essential for most private MU servers.

[Speed and Security]
The CMS is pretty lightweight and upon reviewing the whole codes, I can say that it's most PHP developers will adore Lautaro's work. In terms of security, I like the idea of this WebEngine CMS that's it was built to be hosted on Linux web servers. I'm using PHP 7.3.6 and I don't encounter any issues for 3 weeks after updating from PHP 5.6.x (here's the proof this running on Linux - https://www.muservers.net/api/version.php). In fact I did a couple of GTmetrix tests running on PHP 5.6 and PHP 7.3, and I saw significant improvements in load time, though I haven't got a chance to bookmark the results, but I can always deploy an LXC container with PHP 5.6 and PHP 7.3 to test them out If I wanted to.

I paired Apache with Nginx as the front-end server (Apache for back-end), and I was surprised that I didn't give me any issues at all, this also gives me more performance. A recent GTmetrix result shows a 2.9 seconds fully loaded time (https://gtmetrix.com/reports/www.muservers.net/2XNL54si), well it's because of a lot of unoptimized images I used on the homepage which adds up to the load time.

[Developer Friendly]
Talking about modular CMS, I'm loving the plugin system as I don't need to modify the builtin modules for my needs anymore. I didn't know how to build one until Mon provided examples with My Plugin and Grand Reset (free plugin) he released. This is pretty similar to WordPress plugin system, though we upload the plugin manually (a web based plugin install would be awesome :D).

The template system is really nice also, unlike MuCore that you have to spend a lot of time adopting template to that CMS, and codes weren't so nice to read. With WebEngine's template system, you can convert any PSD templates to integrate with WebEngine (as long as you have the skills and time).

Moving forward, I like how Lautaro built the WebEngine framework as well as the coding style and standards, techniques, how handler, functions (private, public), and especially the DB it's using PDO I love it. And this is the only CMS that I spent most my time coding custom modules for my previous servers (I coded a couple of custom usercp/admincp modules for MuCore before when WebEngine was a paid product). I also used WebEngine 2.0.0 for one of my previous servers, coded a couple of AdminCP and UserCP modules specific to IGCN server files, but ain't lucky enough to get that server long term, and WebEngine 2.0.0 was still in BETA so I stopped using it as I think there are major changes on the release and I have to recode everything I've done, so I better wait for the final release of that version.

And with the recent updates, I noticed the support for CloudFlare for getting the real visitor's IP as well as the HTTP and HTTPS protocol detection as we know previous versions of WebEngine rely's on Apache to detect if the protocol is HTTP or HTTPS (so a modification has to be made in order to render the website correctly with CloudFlare SSL).

One more thing, I like how Lautaro and Mon make the change logs. I can say that these folks are really good developers following best practices.

5. What is your current MuOnline server website?
https://www.muservers.net/

Fantoma

Feb 11, 2019

Excelente y trabajando templates

en proceso...

MuOnlineComUy

Jun 13, 2019
A mediados del año 2005.
Fue una vesion 099b+ con el MuFacil en el 2007 mas o menos.
De momento no la he utilizado, estoy armando mi nuevo servidor y si la voy usar al igual que comprar algunos de sus templates. He escuchado que la version WebEngineCMS es una de las mejores actualmente en el mercado. Ademas me encantan las templates y plugins que tienen.
Como comente, todavia no tengo la experiencia de usar WebEngine CMS ya pronto la tendre y espero que sea fantastica.
Season 6 ep 3. Me quede en la version S 6 ep 3 que es una de las mas jugadas y bueno pues para mi una de las clasicas.

geverton

Apr 11, 2018
Since 2005.

One Version Season 2 1.02R 2008.

Because, its a best free webcms and opensource.

An excellent experience.

www.coremu.com

bangeev

May 10, 2017
When i was 11 years old.

I think i was 14 years old when i run for first time a server.

After the update to 1.2.0.

Excellent.

Supay

Premium Member
Apr 22, 2019
1. Cuando comenzaste a jugar MuOnline por primera vez? - 2003
2. Cuando inauguraste tu primer servidor privado de MuOnline? - 2010
3. Cuando comenzaste a usar WebEngine CMS? - 2012/2013
4. Hasta el momento, como ha sido tu experiencia utilizando WebEngine CMS? - Excelente
5. Cual es la pagina web de tu servidor actual de MuOnline? (opcional) - --

lacovic

May 4, 2018
- I started playing in 2004, I fell in love with the game and since then I have never stopped playing.

- I was able to create my first MU Online server in 2010. It was a great happiness to be able to log in for the first time on my 97D server

- I started using Webengine in early 2019 at the recommendation of a friend. Until then, I have no complaints from this web; super safe, fast and functional!

- It was the best web I used until today. It was the only one that gave me security and speed.

- www.mu500x.com

Lautaro

Administrator
Developer
Dec 19, 2012
Thanks to everyone who submitted their entries for this giveaway. After reading all your replies and adding extra points for explaining further your responses, we have chosen @yhoon as the winner of this giveaway!

We used Random.org to select the winner!

Reactions: dkdexter and yhoon
Status
Not open for further replies.