How to migrate from VPS to CPanel Hosting?

Stoner

Nov 7, 2019
That's my question.

I've been running webengine with xampp but now i'm trying to migrate to dedicated cpanel hosting. I can't find a config file to change parameters like db host and stuff.. so how can i do it?

Thanks beforehand! It's a great cms

Stoner

Nov 7, 2019
I figured it out..
I restored the install folder in my site directory, and then modified /includes/config/webengine.json content with webengine.json.default.
Then I ran the install again with my site in my new hosting and obviusly, didn't replace any existing table.

It's working now :)

SeedMaker

Apr 8, 2018
I figured it out..
I restored the install folder in my site directory, and then modified /includes/config/webengine.json content with webengine.json.default.
Then I ran the install again with my site in my new hosting and obviusly, didn't replace any existing table.

It's working now :)

How did you connect your files to MSSQL database?

Daezugun

May 18, 2017
Same question, "How did you connect your files to MSSQL database? " webhosting to vps?

Stoner

Nov 7, 2019
How did you connect your files to MSSQL database?
My webhosting is linux based, so i used PDO dlib (linux) driver.

You also need to enable the TCP/IP protocols in your SQL Server Manager and open the 1433 port so the website can connect to your MSSQL Server.

Security tip: when opening 1433 port, go to the tab "Scope" and in remote ip address add your website ip just to be sure that no other ip will be able to connect to that port.

Reactions: Daezugun

Daezugun

May 18, 2017
My webhosting is linux based, so i used PDO dlib (linux) driver.

You also need to enable the TCP/IP protocols in your SQL Server Manager and open the 1433 port so the website can connect to your MSSQL Server.

Security tip: when opening 1433 port, go to the tab "Scope" and in remote ip address add your website ip just to be sure that no other ip will be able to connect to that port.
How do you do the connection thingy like on the 2nd step below?

Host - ip for the mssql?
Port 1433
User sa
Pass sapassword
Database muonline
Datbase2 me_muonline
Pdo Linux?

Ps
My cpanel webhosting are separate to my vps server