READ WebEngine 1.0.6 Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lautaro

Administrator
Developer
Dec 19, 2012
First of all Happy New Year to everyone, I hope you had a great time in the holidays.

WebEngine 1.0.6 was scheduled to come out within the first 2 weeks of January, however it will not. The laptop which I used to develop the cms had a failure and the HDD is completely damaged. I have been trying to recover the data from the hard drive since the 28th and I have not been able to.

In the other hand, I have been thinking of starting the development of a free Mu CMS which would be compatible with any server files and that, since it would be free it would have the support of a lot of users of the mu development community and therefor it would have tons of customizations and features. I'd like to hear if you like the idea of such CMS.

That's all for now.

Regards,
Lautaro.

Netzo

Premium Member
Oct 11, 2013
United Kingdom
Hey Lautaro, Happy New Year for you too. I think the free Mu CMS is a great idea, just make something so you can earn from your project :)

Lautaro

Administrator
Developer
Dec 19, 2012
Hey Lautaro, Happy New Year for you too. I think the free Mu CMS is a great idea, just make something so you can earn from your project :)
WebEngine has never been for me a way to earn money. I already have other projects from the university, so WE is more of a hobby for me. Earnings of the project would be up to the donations from people who support it.

Netzo

Premium Member
Oct 11, 2013
United Kingdom
You are a good man Lautaro, but personally I like purchasing things rather than just supporting by donation, and most of people do like the same. Because they have something that others can not get. I hope you get what I mean :)

So is webengine free to share now? because there are some people asking for it and if they are no longer private, I could give it to few guys ;)

Last edited:

Lautaro

Administrator
Developer
Dec 19, 2012
You are a good man Lautaro, but personally I like purchasing things rather than just supporting by donation, and most of people do like the same. Because they have something that others can not get. I hope you get what I mean :)

So is webengine free to share now? because there are some people asking for it and if they are no longer private, I could give it to few guys ;)

I understand what you mean, but if you look everywhere else you'll see that no private mu web cms has succeeded. I have been extremely lucky to have such great clients that have not shared with anyone WebEngine, which has the source open and could easily leak to the mu community, but with so little amount of people using it, it is hard for me to keep the motivation to keep developing it (that's the harsh reality).

WebEngine 1.X is not open source, so please don't share it. What I am making open source is a different platform which goes along with the same name, but new version: WebEngine 2.0. Believe me or not, the coding I already have on that web's source code it's by far much better and more secure than the current WE. It doesn't mean that WE 1.0.5PL1 is not secure, but the new codes I am working on are a lot faster.

Netzo

Premium Member
Oct 11, 2013
United Kingdom
I understand what you mean, but if you look everywhere else you'll see that no private mu web cms has succeeded. I have been extremely lucky to have such great clients that have not shared with anyone WebEngine, which has the source open and could easily leak to the mu community, but with so little amount of people using it, it is hard for me to keep the motivation to keep developing it (that's the harsh reality).

WebEngine 1.X is not open source, so please don't share it. What I am making open source is a different platform which goes along with the same name, but new version: WebEngine 2.0. Believe me or not, the coding I already have on that web's source code it's by far much better and more secure than the current WE. It doesn't mean that WE 1.0.5PL1 is not secure, but the new codes I am working on are a lot faster.
I see and understand you mate, so to get motivated make a project, free for everyone, and it will be successful. What can I say about security, no one has succeeded hacking through it yet so I'd say its hell fking secure!

Thanks for working and keeping mu alive :)

Status
Not open for further replies.